MPC2020 Program Details!
Getting sweaty is what we do at MPC, and we’ll be doing it monthly in MPC2020. The MPC2020 training program:
- is a full 12-month training program that is accessible to virtually all fitness abilities
- can be done at home, starting with minimal or no equipment, or in a gym
- cycles through three different styles of training, focusing on building strength, improving conditioning, or pushing cardiovascular endurance
- can be started any time — pick a month you like or that will best prepare you for your challenge
We are really excited to introduce an entirely new element to MPC’s movement program. MPC Yoga:
- can be done as a standalone program or added to the MPC2020 training program to promote recovery
- is created and presented by a certified yoga instructor
- features a yin section, in which poses are held for a longer time to build flexibility
- features a yang section, in which you flow through poses to build strength as well as flexibility
You have to eat to perform (and live), so MPC2020 features:
- a full 12 months of daily meal plans, one for omnivores and one for lacto/ovo vegetarians
- new easy-to-make recipes, developed by a registered dietitian, every month
- a full vegan day every week, so those who are interested can reduce consumption of animal protein, no matter which plan they’re following
- information on balancing macronutrients so you can build your own plan that fits your own personal dietary needs and preferences
The program launches on February 3, and we can’t wait to Peak with you!
November 8, 2019
We’re nearing the end of MPC2019. All of the amazing personal journeys, stories and achievements you’ve shared have inspired us all. And the constant support — of each other and our charities — has warmed our hearts all year.
All of us at MPC extend our heartfelt appreciation and thanks. You ARE MPC!
We will release MPC2020 details very soon. In the meantime, we want you to mark some dates in your calendars:
- December 20 is when pre-registration for MPC2020 will launch, so get ready for next year’s adventure!
- Second is January 6, which will see the launch of our annual tradition: the MPC PeakStreak! For that whole month, we will give the rest of the world a taste of what it’s like to be a PEAKER!
- Lastly, on February 3, we will mark the official launch of the MPC2020 program and platform.
As usual, to keep it exciting and energizing, we are working on some pretty fantastic new additions to the program, and we can’t wait to share them with you. Registration for MPC2019 will close on November 8 so that we can turn to what’s coming next.
Once again, thanks for an amazing MPC2019, and let’s get ready to peak again!
MPC2020 IS COMING!
October 11, 2019
We are so proud to announce our first group of official Honorary MPC Ambassadors.
These are the groups that have taken the leap and joined us in spreading MPC’s message and sharing its ethos worldwide. They offer support for fellow Peakers near and far, they plan get-togethers, they fundraise and fun-raise — and they do it all with unflagging enthusiasm and absolute joy.
Please meet our Global Ambassadors:
September is Blood Cancer Awareness Month — and it’s also the second MPC2019 Challenge Month. To observe this happy coincidence, MPC and Bloodwise have, once again, designed a challenge for all Peakers.
MPC’s roots lie somewhere at the top of a Munro (a Scottish mountain measuring more than 3,000 feet). But we know that not everyone can, or even would like to, attempt to summit one. Last year, we challenged you to accumulate the equivalent number of steps to virtually summit one or more Munros.
This year, we’re, ahem, *heightening* the challenge! The Seven Summits comprise the highest mountain on each continent. Climbing all of them is a well-known challenge for adventure-seekers worldwide, so to acknowledge the global nature of our MPC community and to make this challenge month super special, we’re challenging you to accumulate the equivalent number of steps to summit one or all of them.
Welcome to the Munro Step Challenge!
To get involved, choose one or more summits from our handy downloadable guide (see link below) and commit to walking the designated number of steps in the month of September. It’s up to you if you’d like to make those steps vertical (as in up stairs or up a local mountain) or horizontal (on a treadmill or simply on the roads around your home). Support your efforts by making a direct donation via our Bloodwise JustGiving page. Involve your family and friends to sponsor you for each mountain you cross off the list!
It is customary to celebrate having summited a mountain (and to prepare for the journey back down) with a dram of whisky. While you’ll have to provide the whisky yourself, we at MPC and Bloodwise will certainly be toasting you and your efforts to beat blood cancer, one step at a time.
Munro Step Challenge Details
Click the image below to download the Munro Step Challenge PDF. Happy stepping!